Thursday, December 1, 2011

Frendt Family {Portraits}



My blog has moved! For more information about my services, and to see my most recent work, please check out my new website: www.ambermurphyphoto.com

Thank you!


A thought struck me a few months back: other than at weddings, we haven't had family pictures taken since I was fifteen! I decided that it was a situation in need of a remedy, so I proposed that we do pictures while everyone was home for Thanksgiving. In the weeks leading up to our trip home, I imagined what the shoot would look like: a background filled with late fall/wintery gorgeousness, warm clothes, scarves, and my lovely, lovely family.  I have to say... these turned out just the way I wanted!  

As with every post I write, I always want to say a few words about my subjects. When I think about my family and the relationships we have, I often find myself overwhelmed (and teary-eyed) by how much the Lord has blessed us.  Ten peas in a pod… thicker than thieves… birds of a feather… however you want to say it, we’re a close-knit group.  I give a lot of credit to my parents for this because they raised us in a home that focused on Christ and that was full of love.  We were constantly given hugs and kisses, told how much we were loved, and in turn, were encouraged to love our brothers and sisters.  In fact (I tell this little childhood memento a lot), when we were younger, if we got into any squabble with a sibling, mom and dad had us sit right next to each other and hold hands, and tell each other we loved one another.  Before long, whatever we were fighting about was completely forgotten as we proceeded to fool around and make each other laugh.
Some of you know that we moved to Singapore for a few years.  As the oldest child, about to go into my sophomore year in High School, that move was particularly difficult for me.  However, looking back, I see how God used that move to draw us even closer as a family.  I don’t know how I would have made it through that first year if it hadn’t been for them. 
As we’ve gotten older, and some of us gotten married, I’ve been amazed to see how our family has grown.  I don’t even think of my brother and sister-in-law as “in-laws” at all… they’re just a brother and sister to all of us… and I’m so very thankful for that.
To start us off, here are our group shots.  Since I wanted to be in the pictures too, I used a handy tripod and my camera’s timer to get these.



You might wonder how we got the dogs to look towards the camera?  Darius had the brilliant idea of throwing a ball just past the camera right before the timer went off.  Only problem was... in the first picture, we humans looked at the ball too!




This picture makes me laugh... 




I love these pictures of my mom and dad:








I think these next two pictures are really funny... check out my sister-in-law, Jenn, on the right.  She was really working it for the camera, making the rest of us laugh:







Kevin, Jenn, and Dug:





Darius, Jenn, and Kira:










The beautiful Stephanie, with Ellie:



Ok, I know Stephanie's hair is blowing over her face in the picture on the left... but look at Ellie's face!! I just couldn't leave it out, it's so funny.  Her lip always gets stuck on her teeth, and I think it makes her look worried. Such cute!






Ok I love this next picture... it's so Stephanie. I told her to look happy:



Eric. Love his smile!



Me and Andrew.  








Love you all, and we miss you guys already!

2 comments:

dariusportela December 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

These are awesome! Thank you for taking the pictures. These are a nice little treasure that immortalizes this time in our life.

kim December 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Wonderful photos, Amber! I just love seeing my "little cousin Cindy" and her beautiful family. God is good!

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP