Friday, November 25, 2011

iHeart Ellie

Last year when I came home for Christmas, Mom and Dad had a surprise waiting.  I knew that my brother and his wife had gotten a little Golden Retriever puppy, named Dug.  I ooohed and aaaahed and eeeee'd over his pictures on Facebook, and the day my flight arrived in Boise, the first thing I asked when getting into the car (after hugs with my parents of course) was, "is Dug at the house?"
See, to say that I love Golden Retrievers would be a serious understatement.  I LOOOOOVE them.  I think they are just the cutest, sweetest, most loyal, beautiful dogs. Ever. We had two Goldens growing up, Sadie and Charlie, and I adored those dogs. 
So when I got to the house I sat down on the floor and was greeted with licks and lots of tail wagging by little Dug.  Then, all of a sudden, this second little puppy came running up to me. Whaaaaat? I was in heaven.
When Kevin and Jenn were going through the process of getting Dug, they were informed that he had a sister.  Mom and Dad decided to get her, and to keep her a secret until I got up there. Best. Christmas. Ever. 
A couple months later my sister and her husband, Jenn and Darius, also got a Golden, who I got to meet this summer when I came up for a wedding.  So in addition to looking forward to seeing my family, I also am childishly excited to see Ellie, Dug, and Kira when I come home.


This morning I was out throwing the ball for Ellie (who is obsessed with the ball), the sun was shining behind her, perfectly silhouetting her fur, so I grabbed my camera and took some pictures... which inspired this impromptu post.  So here she is, the pretty Ellie girl:






Ok now everyone say awwww =)


We are doing some family pictures this afternoon, dogs included, so I'll most likely have some pictures of Kira and Dug up soon.


Have I mentioned how much I love being home?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP