Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

The smell of the upcoming feast wafts through the air, while the football game is the background noise to my family talking and laughing and playing with the dogs.  The air outside is brisk and most of the leaves have fallen.  I love this time of year... and I love being home for it.


Andrew and I drove up to Boise (Boi-see not Boi-Zee... fyi) last weekend to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family.  It has been wonderful, and I can't believe our time here is going by so quickly.


Though I believe that giving thanks to the Lord should be a part of daily life, it is fun to sit down and think about and celebrate His blessings.  If I had all day to write out all the things God has given me, I wouldn't be able to cover them all.  But today I've been ruminating on the things for which I'm thankful, and I'd like to mention a few!


I'm thankful, first and foremost, for the abundant love and forgiveness, however undeserved, that God has granted me.  Without Him, I have no hope. I'm thankful for my amazing husband, Andrew, who is my best friend in the whole wide world.  I'm thankful for my two families (immediate and in-law) who I love so very much.  They are some of the coolest people I know, and they truly are my closest pals.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to pursue my dream of being a photographer, and to love to work I do.  I'm thankful for the friends I have who encourage me, make me laugh, and are just a joy to be around. I'm thankful for all the little things, like pets that adore you, beautiful weather, mountains and lakes, coffee, my Macbook, food that tastes good, finding joy simply because something is pretty... rain, sunshine, good health, fuzzy blankets, and Ugg boots. I could go on and on... 


BUT... dinner is ready! YAY!


Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone, wishing you all the best.


Love, 
Amber

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP