Tuesday, October 4, 2011

iHeart Pumpkins {Pancakes}



Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm nearly obsessed with anything pumpkin.  When the end of summer rolls around, I start dreaming of the crisp weather, scarves, boots, and pumpkin... anything.  Pumpkin pancakes, Starbucks Pumpkin Spice lattes, pumpkin cream cheese muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pies, carving pumpkins.... I think you probably get the idea. 


Now that it's the "pumpkin season," I've decided to make some of my favorite pumpkin recipes, and to share them here with you!


The first recipe I made was inspired by my breakfast date with Amanda a few weeks ago.  We tried a new place called The Griddle Cafe off of Sunset Blvd.  There were pumpkin pancakes on the menu, so naturally I ordered them.  One word: AMAZING.  It was like dessert for breakfast, and the pancakes were massive, I swear they weighed like 7 pounds.


So, last week I searched the interweb for a recipe that resembled that of The Griddle Cafe.  I came across a blog called Holly Baby (www.hollybaby.com) where they had the actual recipe.  Saturday morning Andrew and I made the pancakes together, and wow they were good!




Ingredients:
2 cups of your favorite dry pancake mix
3 Tbsp dark-brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin-pie spice
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree (for an easier option ~ use 1 cup of Libby Pumpkin Pie filling, which is already seasoned. Omit the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla if choosing this option)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus more for the griddle.
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. In another large bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract, and oil. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or large frying pan on medium high. Pour the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook the pancakes until bubbles form in the batter and the edges begin to brown. Then flip them and cook until the other sides are lightly browned.
Top with whipped cream and powdered sugar.

Happy cooking! Let me know if you try the recipe :)  Stay tuned for the next pumpkin recipe: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins...

1 comments:

Jenn P October 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM  

I'm going to make this for Darius as a surprise tomorrow morning. I'm excited :)

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP